Pitch to MIDI for guitar player??

Does anyone know how to create a setting so that the pitch that is played on a guitar is converted to a MIDI signal in real-time. This MIDI signal would then play one of the virtual instruments in real-time I realize the pitch tracking speed will be limited to whatever algorithm controls the built in tuner, but I would like to use this option in whatever limited capacity from time to time. I realize there is hardware that can be purchased to do this task (AXON, etc), but I would like to use this in whatever capacity with my guitar and Logic.

Thanks,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
sure. but, is there anything that can do polyphonic guitar pitch to MIDI in any format? DNA will, supposedly, but that isn't available yet.

What is DNA. Will it be an AU? This Widisoft AU is the only one I've seen so far that IS an AU supposed to work with LOGIC 8. BUT, I'm still not clear on how to make it work in REAL-TIME.

Anyone more knowledgable about LOGIC could probably tell me, but I haven't had anyone say anything yet.

Jason