opening a gate from another channel

How do I do this? I know I could just automate my volume, but I'm trying to start learning logic correctly. Especially siince automation in logic has it's own issues =p

So how can I do this? I have this wild nuts guitar part full of incoherent distortion, but I want it to only be heard when the bass drum comes in. The kick has it's own channel right now.

man, thank you so much for your excellent explanation. I wish I would've done two things before posting.

1) word my question correctly. I actually knew how to do what I posted, but in my head I wanted to find out how to have a gate act in the opposite manner in which it's intended. In which case I realize I should use a compressor, not a gate and actually know how to do it. Ducking is it called? used in techno?

2) thought about how hard I wanted the effect as I realized later that I didn't want it in there. =P I appreciate your time and help sir =)