Can I ditch 'Front Row?'

Hey,

I was just trying to use the Apple remote to control Logic (worked absolutely fine on my old computer 10.4.11, and whatever version of iLife that came with it). Now, when I click on the 'record' button (the 'menu' button on the remote), it will start recording, but then Front Row boots up over Logic. PITA.

Is there any good reason why it would be foolish to delete Front Row? I never use it, but I am wondering if it plays any role in the function of the remote.

Thanks,

Glenn

The 'frontrow.app' that you see in your applications is not an app at all. It's just an alias to the app which is located in /System/Library/CoreServices/Frontrow.app

You would have to remove it from there. It sounds like you are using Time machine, which means you can pretty much remove the file without worry because you can always restore it later.

Good Luck,

Brian

The 'frontrow.app' that you see in your applications is not an app at all. It's just an alias to the app which is located in /System/Library/CoreServices/Frontrow.app

You would have to remove it from there. It sounds like you are using Time machine, which means you can pretty much remove the file without worry because you can always restore it later.

Good Luck,

Brian

Thanks! That's got it. I've lost most of my way around since I moved up from OS9. :oops:

Cheers!

Glenn