Plugins you cant live without

I really like the RNDigital D4.

That's a great plug, isn't it? I've been running the Elemental Audio version for years, (Neodynium). I bought it before RND took over their stuff. I haven't updated to the RND version yet as I prefer its older interface a lot, but I'll have to when I switch to an Intel Mac I think. Very useful plug-in.

I really like the RNDigital D4.

That's a great plug, isn't it? I've been running the Elemental Audio version for years, (Neodynium). I bought it before RND took over their stuff. I haven't updated to the RND version yet as I prefer its older interface a lot, but I'll have to when I switch to an Intel Mac I think. Very useful plug-in.

Alright, after taking a quick look at it, could someone please tell me why I should buy this instead of using Logic's Multi band Compressor? And if it is the "sound" of it. Why does the sound sound better to you?

couldn't live without logic's 'tape delay'

regarding soundtoys

have always desired echoboy...demo'd it twice......but it is too expensive (for what it is) and needs a dongle.....

i favour fabfilter timeless over it...cheaper and waaaay more flexible.....but then i like my delays to be super-degraded.....i think the soundtoys might have the edge for clean repeats....but logic's 'stereo delay' and 'delay designer' are also pretty great....there probably isn't too much in it....the reputation for echoboy is from a time when there was less competition and , i supect, more from pro-toolers who have generally been short changed with regard to good packaged , native plugs

having said all that , soundtoys has a certain 'something'.....being the delay whore that i am i would probably end up treating myself to it if i ended up making a nice bit of money from my music

also check out fabfilter volcano before spending out on 'filterfreak'

I swear, I use these on (almost) everything at some point in the mix:

from Logic:

- Channel EQ

- Compressor (lagerfeldt's SSL presets most of all - thnx lagerfeldt!)

via: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=24264

- Space Designer

- Tape delay

- Flanger

3rd party:

- Waves Renaissance compressor

- massey tape-head

- sonnox inflator

- vintage warmer (very little)