Books on Mixing

Can anyone recommend any books on mixing to me? Someone on this other forum recommended "Mixing with Your Mind" by MIchael Stavru. Have any of you read it? Or are there other books you coudl recommend me?

I'm trying to make records in my crib ha and I don't know how to mix.

thanks!

I found this one pretty helpful, especially for home recording and mixing:

http://mixingaudio.com/

I also bought Mixing With Your Mind, it's worth a read too, though probably most useful for engineers working in a pro studio. It depends on what your setup is and how you work, but it's definitely got some great ideas and approaches with micing instruments and so on.

If you spend about 1000 hours mixing including a critical ear and comparing with what you want to achieve, external references, you will get there!

Then again, this is a multiple lifetime learning experience.

It helps to listen to a lot of music with different mixing and production styles, to learn via ears how things should sound. Then you apply knowledge, how various plug-ins operate, based on this internal reference.

What I'm trying to say is that you could get only so far with reading about it, while doing it you get much further.

Hi Taybot,

I highly recommend "mixing audio - concepts, practices and tools" by Roey Izhaki. I'm currently reading it, and I must say it is a brilliant mixing book, it includes a DVD with samples for the mixing techniques which described in the book and I think that is very helpful.

It is technical and inspiring at the same time, with references to modern mixing engineers such as Nigel Goodrich, Andy Wallace, Mark Stent, Dave Fridmann, etc.

It is an easy read so don't worry of the 584 pages (I'm half way there).

You can read variety of reviews about this book at the Amazon site:

http://www.amazon.com/Mixing-Audio-Concepts-Practices-Tools/dp/0240520688

Enjoy!