Recommendations For Flat Screen Monitors?

High there.

I am currently using a 15" Macbook Pro with Logic 9. It's great.

I'm looking at flat screen monitors to hook up to this mother. So far, the basic Dell LCD monitors look pretty alright for the price. Something like this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-8243

I think I have a DVI-D output on this thing on the right side. Well, the manual says DVI and that's all. And it came with a DVI to VGA adaptor. This is the Mid 2007 MBP here.

Pretty easy to just plug it in and go or is there a lot of extra BS?

What do you recommend?

C

So hey there my Macbook Pro has a DVI-I dual link port there on the side. So I can just use the DVI to VGA adaptor that came with my computer and all will be totally super sweet?

C

p.s What does "Mirroring" mean?

p.p.s. I like your avatar too. It's, like, totally.

something must wrong with that pic.... the arse is usually in the back, isn't it? :lol:

I would also check out OWC for screens and other possibilities, I can not yet comment on this thingy here, but soon.

May be there is even a better option available to get some serious screen estate on your macbook, hooking up more than one.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/VIDU2DVIA/

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends.

Got my nice new Dell 23" monitor here and I'm doing alright with it so far. Took me fifteen minutes to figure out that the way the MBP sets it up automatically is that the 23 is to the "right" of the MBP screen, so I got the mouse over there eventually.

I didn't find any answers on the Apple forums, so I was hoping someone could help me with a small problem.

I'd like to be able to use the 23 for my main screen, obviously, but there are a few little kinks that I can't figure out.

Is it possible to close my MBP all the way without it sleeping? I can't find the option for this as far as the 23 continuing to display the information going to it while having my MBP closed.

And then making it so that the 23 is the main screen, not the big brother to the right of the MBP screen.

EDIT: P.S. The Mirroring option only shrinks the size of the 23 inch and takes away a lot of the resolution.

Also, after a few minutes, I somehow tricked the MBP into staying awake after closing the clamshell, but I don't know how or why, and I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Thanks,

C

Is it possible to close my MBP all the way without it sleeping? I can't find the option for this as far as the 23 continuing to display the information going to it while having my MBP closed.

I don't have a MBP I have an iMac so I don't know if this will help but I thought I'd through it out there.

If you go to System Preferences under the Apple menu, click on Energy Saver under Hardware, you can set the sleep mode to NEVER. That may solve one of your problems. Don't know about the other ones. Hope this helps. Peace.

Yeah, I tried that earlier, but it didn't seem to do much.

I don't know what's up with the way it worked before. I shut it, and then just clicked it open the minimum amount, and then like the MBP screen didn't register, and the 23 was fully functional as the only screen.

I MUST FIND THE SECRET

Yeah, I tried that earlier, but it didn't seem to do much.

I don't know what's up with the way it worked before. I shut it, and then just clicked it open the minimum amount, and then like the MBP screen didn't register, and the 23 was fully functional as the only screen.

I MUST FIND THE SECRET

Me too! I have seen people working on MBP closed and hooked to an external keyboard, mouse, monitor set-up before in ads, but I can't figure out how to do it either, if the MBP's lid get's closed too far the computer just shuts down to sleep mode everytime, no matter what settings in the preferences are set at.

So far I think the ads are BS, but then how does the docking station like this work?

http://www.unplggd.com/unplggd/computers/floater-macbook-dock-025412