Novation Launchpad And Logic Pro?? Can They...

I really love the step sequencer feature of the Launchpad...

It's not actually a function built into the Launchpad. All the step sequencing functionality is built into Max for Live. The Launchpad buttons just send simple MIDI commands to Max, which in turn does all the brain work and sends commands back to light the buttons.

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to comment on this thread :

Me too would really want to see a way in which Launchpad can truly be integrated in Logic.

For example , i still use the USS stepsequencer environment from Len Sasso (made years back).

If now you could control the USS fully with Launchpad, that would be the ultimate wet dream for me :D

I assume it's quite possible cause Launchad works with midi commands which can be used in Logic's environment.

But i don't have really the time to sort that stuff all out .. just wondering if there are people with a Launchpad which they use with Logic's environment stuff (like the USS).

Would be awesome to share info !

Best regards,

Rob.

van,

I can't find that in my Sasso environments I've converted. Could you post it here? I'll take a look at it. What messages do the launchpad's buttons send by default, notes?

I can have a look at that "Max for Live" Launchpad template too, and see what they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I've decided to give USS another tryout as I love Step Sequencers & its looks so powerful - Would it be possible to ask for your help?

As an alternative, you may wish to place USS between the Physical Input and the Sequencer Input so that it is always available to playback and record on the selected Arrange window track.

I'm not too experienced here at all. How do you hook the USS inbetween the Physical & Sequencer Inputs?

I can Import the USS Layer into my Template, but after that I'm totally lost.

Would really appreciate a dig out ; )

Cheers,

J

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello,

Still stumped. If anyone has the time to explain what I need to to, I would be so grateful. I sorry to admit that I just cant make head nor tail of it.

Totally & utterly lost.. even with the Manual :x

So frustrating.. its got great features.

Cheers,

J

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
To Fader8 :

Did you had some time to dig into the Logic - Launchpad combination ??

Kind regards,

Rob.

+1

This would be really cool. Dont wannt my launchpad to just collect dust..as its most fun to play with..

Sorry guys, but I've just been too busy. If things let up, I promise I'll look at it, but I just can't promise when!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, what ive done is follow the video to get midi from ableton into Logic which works a charm. Make sure to follow this first.

Yet in video the guy leaves Midi To Logic "sync" on, turn it off. Logic is so far up its own arse it thinks it no longer needs to receive midi sync any more and just wont respond to midi sync messages from anything else but its self. Jobism!

To get it all to sync you need to send Midi Sync from logic into ableton. Almost like feedback lol.

If you followed the above video you should have a unused IACDriverBus 1 doing nothing. Goto to Logic Midi Sync Project Settings and select Transmit Midi Sync to the spare virtual midi device just mentioned.

Now goto Ableton midi preferences and turn on sync for the IAC Driver Bus 1 on the INPUT row, also be sure to click the EXT button located at the top left of Ableton main window to enable external sync. Now Ableton should receive the start stop and tempo from logic.

Last but not least download the Launchpad StepSequencer from Novation open it in Ableton and start sending patterns from the launch pad into logic or just use Ableton for patterns and logic for mixing.

It all works pretty well, great for creating patterns then recording into midi data to be quantised for perfection inside logic. Just about good enough for live stuff.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 years later...
Hey everyone how are you all going? I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for a solution to this but I just came across a little article pointing me to this website. It looks pretty dam good I might pick myself up the plug.

http://www.stepsequencer.net/index.html

You can run the plug as a re-wire app.

Keep rocking

Craig

Did you ever get this plugin working with Lauchpad Pro and Logic Pro X?