Recording Bass Guitar

Hi All,

I'm New to Logic ( coming from the PC world Sonar)

I've been trying to record my bass direct from my interface, I get great levels and I see a nice wave pattern. But when I play it I can barely hear it. can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong.

Thanks

KillerAntz

P.S. Sorry if this post twice Im not sure if my post had went through.

There could be so many things..................................

If you have a decent recording level, you could see that in the waveform, and it's still not heard even if you push up the volume in the mixer, then most likely your bass won't cut it in the mix.

Use a compressor, use the bass amp simulator, do eq:ing to get the bass fit into the level and possible take down the overall mix so the bass is heard and so on.

PS: Oops, this is for just playback, yes as the next poster said, adjust the output.

Edited by Kent Sandvik

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I started over and I used a different bass which works fine. I still don't know what the prob could have been since the bass that didn't work was a fender(w a battery in the back Could have something to do with it ) and Im using a lesser brand (first act something). But I'm getting good sound.

Still puzzled but getting results. Like I said new to logic but I think its going to be great (much easier the Sonar)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I started over and I used a different bass which works fine. I still don't know what the prob could have been since the bass that didn't work was a fender(w a battery in the back Could have something to do with it ) and Im using a lesser brand (first act something). But I'm getting good sound.

Still puzzled but getting results. Like I said new to logic but I think its going to be great (much easier the Sonar)

Some bass guitars have lower output than others, passive versus active electronics, the strings, even how you play the bass with your fingers. A bad battery could also be an issue.