Best reversing plugin?

Anyone have any recommendations for a good reversing plugin? I'm looking to be able to achieve the following examples without having to resort to editing audio:

1. I have an isolated hi-hat track playing 4's and want to add a couple reverse hats in a seemingly random matter, but will playback consistently the same way and can be fully edited.

2. I want to take a melodic figure and reverse they way each note is played, but not change the order of the notes. i.e. if I have a melody played by piano that goes C-D-E, I want to reverse each note so it goes from sustain to attack, but keep the melody / timing the same C-D-E

Any suggestions?

Probably the best way to do this and retain full editing control, is to first make an EXS sampler instrument from your hat track. Open the EXS editor and click the "Reverse" box for all the zones. Then just sequence a track peppering in those reversed samples wherever you like.

• 11 years later...
I would like to play a midi instrument and hear what I am playing with reverse (swelling) effect as I play real time. Do I need a plug in or is there a way to do it within Logic?

There's the way fader8 suggested earlier but it requires a bit of preparation to render the reversed instrument before you can play it. The process is much faster today with autosampler: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/logicpro/lgcea3ff48ea/mac

If you don't want to have to go through that then yes, you need a plug-in.