Trackball anyone?

Hello everyone!

Looking for getting a trackball to replace my very old Kensington trackball that getting funky on me.

Does anybody use Kensington K72337US Orbit Trackball with Scroll Ring with Logic and scroll ring works actually?

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K72337US-Orbit-Trackball-Scroll/dp/B002OOWB3O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Any other trackballs that you may recommend?

Hope this thread will help more people then just me :-)

Please note which version of OS and which version of Logic you are using as well.

Thanks to all!

Thanks TB!

I asked about OS and Logic version only for the purpose of getting the info which trackball is compatible with which versions. Not out of sense of curiosity :-)

But I see your point.

Regarding Logitech - I am not very much into thumb trackballs :-(

Tried them and did not like much. But as long as they are working with Logic 9 on 10.6 - it is a good thing to try I guess.

Kensington worked better for me with the big ball, but many complain that drivers are not updated for Mac. The one I included link to is interesting to me especially because it has a scroll wheel. But who knows if it works with Logic.

That was my question.

Thank you!

i've been using the Kensington Expert Mouse (It's a trackball) with good results: when I set up my laptop for Logic Pro use I added one immediately.

I DID notice build quality issues: the scrollwheel on the new Expert Mouse has a kind of scratchy, grainy feel. I am hoping it smooths out with use.

I really really wish that Kensington had been so incredibly stupid with their Slimblade, a lower-profile (thus more ergonomic, esp. with current Apple keyboards) version of the Expert Mouse that's tied to Kensington's idiosyncratic software: believe it or not, even though it's packaged and sold as a trackball the extra buttons are dedicated to Kensington's own software and can't be used as they are in the Expert Mouse, and there's no scrolling and other acceleration control available through System Prefs. A total disaster.

I am using their software succesfully in SL, but notice that the entire System Prefs app restarts when I invoke this and certain other 3rd-party panes. I assume that System Prefs opens in 64-bit and relaunches in 32-bit to support these panes.

• 8 months later...