i am looking for sampling tutorials

thought i best put this into this forum ...

i am basically looking for any sampling tutorials that anyone may be aware off

i didnt no that a single kick / snare hit audio file would have tempo information inside, i new it would have a set sample rate but thats as far as my knowledge goes i am afraid :oops:

i just find using audio really confusing and its such a shame because as a newbie i am basically at the moment limited to just playing around with synths (which is still cool 8) ) but i want to take my productions to the next level and start sampling but also to learn to be able to understand what i am doing with the audio as well ... if anyone can advise me or help i would greatly appreciate it

Hey, I read this post, then that tutorial, and I decided to write my own tutorial. It takes a different angle, first introducing the basics of sampling in Logic, then recreating the functionality offered by typical samplers, within Logic, then talks a bit about how to get more out of ultrabeat and exs24, including how I personally use them. I would copy it, but the formatting wouldn't transfer, etc.:

"Sampling in Logic 9"

http://blog.robbiesullivan.com/?p=68

Email me with questions--I will need to revise it but need people who are confused by it to tell me how! robbie@robbiesullivan.com

Hey, I read this post, then that tutorial, and I decided to write my own tutorial. It takes a different angle, first introducing the basics of sampling in Logic, then recreating the functionality offered by typical samplers, within Logic, then talks a bit about how to get more out of ultrabeat and exs24, including how I personally use them. I would copy it, but the formatting wouldn't transfer, etc.:

Thanks for sharing, all angles welcome!

J.

thanks very very much for taking the time to do this ! i am trying to learn as much as i can and sometimes i feel a bit weary or stupid asking questions in here ... i dont want to annoy anybody :oops:

all my spare time is spent reading / watching tutorials ... so thank you for sharing this with us

respect 8)