how to embed album art into my tracks?

Hey Guys,

Releasing an E.P sometime this year and I wanted to know how people 'officially' add album artwork to their E.P's albums?

Is there some sort of software out there that can embed information such as Artist, track name, copyright owner etc?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're talking about is ID3 tags. And yes you can do this in Logic (although artwork is not an option), but only to MP3 files. ID3 tags won't work on "wav" format, it can't be incrypted in it.

1128265202_Screenshot2011-04-11at8_52_53PM.png.a9ce56953294ea85c1ceba4fd857a360.png

ahhh thankyou dude! ANy idea on how I could encrypt .WAV files? How do the pro's do it? Ive seen similar thread on here but I cant seem to find them now!
You'll have trouble with WAV files because there's no good, well supported way of tagging them. Some apps make an effort but the results are unsatisfactory and less than portable. You're better off storing music in AIFF or FLAC for this purpose...

Well I actually agree with Scott that itunes is the way to go for this. First itunes is usuable MAC and PC, and second it's getting more popular every day with Apple selling Iphone,Ipad,itouch,etc.

I would not go FLAC or AIFF if had to send this to a client. (Unless mentioned to), and pretty much any player can read "wav" format.

To store music that's a personal choice, but here we're not talking about that.

Back to Mp3's - can you embed artwork using iTunes? - if not what other software can be used?

To do it manually follow the instructions here: http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/12/31/how-to-add-itunes-artwork-to-mp3-id3-tags-using-itunes/

Alternatively there are loads of 'music taggers' to do it manually if you want. What OS do you use? Look at MP3Tag on Windows. On Mac, try Jaikoz.

I also actually write software to do this (see sig). Traditionally it has been more oriented to finding art for mainstream releases, but it could also be used to tag your own music. I'd be interested in anyone wanting to explore this 'use case' and will give a free licence to anyone who gives me feedback. Email is on the linked site.

It doesn't support WAVs though :D

Back to Mp3's - can you embed artwork using iTunes? - if not what other software can be used?

To do it manually follow the instructions here: http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/12/31/how-to-add-itunes-artwork-to-mp3-id3-tags-using-itunes/

Alternatively there are loads of 'music taggers' to do it manually if you want. What OS do you use? Look at MP3Tag on Windows. On Mac, try Jaikoz.

I also actually write software to do this (see sig). Traditionally it has been more oriented to finding art for mainstream releases, but it could also be used to tag your own music. I'd be interested in anyone wanting to explore this 'use case' and will give a free licence to anyone who gives me feedback. Email is on the linked site.

It doesn't support WAVs though :D

Hey thanks or the link etc - good stuff!

• 6 years later...