Panning Not Working [SOLVED]

Not sure if anyone has encountered this before... Seems that when I try to pan a track, mono or stereo, there is no audible difference as the track continues to play out of both the l r image equally. While trying everything I could think of to sort this out, I discovered that if I pan a mono track hard left, and the Out 1-2 to hard right, there is no sound at all... so it would seem that it is working somewhat but the flow is getting lost before the main outs. I recently replaced my interface with a presonus firestudio and this seems to be when the trouble started or am I missing something painfully obvious?? Any help is much appreciated

I thought this as well. The "bridge" is set to off on my amp that is powering my monitors so it doesn't appear to be a problem. Software issue or audio set up within Logic??

I'm leaning towards "user error". It's certainly not an error in Logic Pro.

Check that your audio cables are connected correctly from your sound card to your amplifier/monitors.

After checking all my connections 10 more times, I resorted to the Presonus website and found my answer. The Firestudio main outputs are set to mono unless changed in the "Universal Control" program. This was not necessary to do when I installed the FireBox previously. (FireStudio Mobile replaced it after it died) Was indeed pilot error... Simple fix and all is running fine now. Thanks for the advice Lagerfeldt.

Shivermetimbers.... you are off my Christmas list.

Cheers

2084564996_Picture2.png.24e2e895ab123379ade9feb9b5f55021.png

I'm unsure of that myself. There was no mention of this for the initial installation instructions in the manual. After realizing it wasn't an issue with Logic.... I pulled out the manual again and then checked through the website to solve it. Not a huge deal but I wasted most of the afternoon trouble shooting instead of working. Such is life! Thanks again

• 7 years later...
I had a similar problem with pan not working. I read in this thread where someone mentioned to be sure that you are not monitoring in mono. My Stereo Out buss was in stereo. But anyway, I selected the stereo button (the two little circles) on the Stereo Out buss and changed it to mono, then I re-clicked the button back to stereo and voilà, pan came back. Not sure how I lost pan in the first place. Just previous to losing pan I remember removing a summing stack - maybe that caused the glitch?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I just encountered this problem when having four trumpets sent to one Bus. When I panned the tracks individually, nothing happened. Then I turned off stereo (= set it to mono) on the bus and back again.. Voila.

Thank you! This solved my issue, which appeared randomly during a session. THANKS!!!

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:01 AM, victorsvold said:

I just encountered this problem when having four trumpets sent to one Bus. When I panned the tracks individually, nothing happened. Then I turned off stereo (= set it to mono) on the bus and back again.. Voila.

This solved for me thank you

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I’m having a similar issue with Apollo twin… I’m hearing stereo in my headphones when the track is set to mono… Switching the tractor stereo gives me a pan knob but not hearing and change when in use. (for some reason when I used to open up a new track/audio file in logic it used to always open up in mono and I would have the image coming through one of my headphones… Now when I open up a new track it comes through both headphones and I do not have the pain capabilities that I had before after switching to stereo for that specific track)

Apollo twin-MacBook Pro-logic pro x. 

help!