Melodyne timing problems [SOLVED]

First of all I'm new to Melodyne (Not to Logic) having only purchased Essential a couple of days ago.

I have a rock project recorded freetime with no click which I've beat mapped in logic (To add some midi parts too) and I've now started working on the vocals.

I ran the first few verses few Melodyne and corrected a couple of errant notes. Saved the project and quit for the day.

Next day I open the project and the Vocals are half a bar late (Still in tune though!)

Logic waveforms are in the right place, viewing the blobs in Melodyne and they're also in the right place however the audio comes out late.

And now the really odd thing, I zoom in (In logic not Melodyne) and it plays in time, Zoom out it's out of time.. eh! I've done a lot of Net searching and can't find anything similar.

Has anyone came across this before, do they know what caused it? could it be my tempo map (Created before Melodyne was inserted!)

Thanks for any tips.

first - http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/rules.php

I haven't this experience myself using melodyne - have you set up another project and tested it to see whether it's across the board or just within that specific track,?

I don't generally use tempo maps, so i can't really talk about that...

Melodyne will record the file (to my knowledge) as a fixed audio file that's separate the audio that you can see on the arrange page. If you transfer info into melodyne then move the audio in the arrange page it will have no effect - You may have to either delete the melodyne info and re transfer it with the in time audio or bounce the audio from melodyne and then put it into place...

As for the in time when zoomed in and out of time when zoomed out i have no idea I'm afraid!

Hi guys,

My advice is to ask the Melodyne support team about this issue. Though I have been a Melodyne Demo maker long time ago (being familiar with that app in details), I'm used to bounce my tracks out of the DAW I use and fix them in Melodyne (like DanRad offered here).

Personally, if I have to make a beat maping of any real time recorded tracks, I prefer to do that first in Melodyne and import the Tempo map into the DAW for later arrangements etc.

A.G

This is how I do it. Find the portion of the region that needs correction. Slice it and move it to a new track. Insert Melodyne. Pitch correct as necessary then bounce in place. Then put it back on the original track. When I'm completely done with pitch correction on a track, I'll merge regions on the main track and delete the track with Melodyne inserted.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Eric's answer was correct, However as I've finished all of the timing fixes on the drums I've removed the Tempo Map and all of the Tempo changes. everything seems fine now, so I'll amend my workflow to suit.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...