Mac Pro Future

German here 8)

This article says:

The current mac pro models are no longer allowed to be sold from march 1st because of violating a new european DIN norm(EU-Norm IEC 60950-1) regarding the ventilator grill(fan) and electricity connection. This is only in the EU (European Union) and EFTA ( European Free Trading Association).

The article further is speculating about the future of the Mac Pro, will there be a new model or will it be discontinued... .

I am not very good at translating , but this is approxemately what the article says.

From the link I posted

Forbes now follows up with additional corroboration of both Mac Pro and iMac updates coming down the road, with the updates likely appearing next year. The information was provided directly by an Apple spokesperson.

"An Apple spokesman just told me that new models and new designs of the Mac Pro, as well as the iMac desktop, are in the works and will likely be released in 2013. That confirms what New York Times columnist David Pogue said yesterday, citing an unnamed Apple executive, about Apple’s commitment to its desktop computers."

And from the links I posted above.

In fact, it's possible that the situation may have no effect at all on customers in Europe, as Apple has already revealed it's planning to update the Mac Pro this year.

Apple has uncharacteristically announced that a redesigned Mac Pro is due in 2013 after a lackluster update in June 2012 that included still-outdated processors and no other seemingly obvious improvements like USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt.