Saffire LE + Mountain Lion / Mavericks

Hey folks. I'm going to contact Focusrite as well, but just wondering if anybody here is using a Saffire LE with Mountain Lion. I'm still on 10.7, and the Saffire LE isn't on Focusrite's officially-supported list for 10.8, but just wondering if maybe it works anyhow. Trying to plan the eventual upgrade to LPX and wondering if I'll need to pick up some new hardware in addition to the software (ugh).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I found your post while struggling to get my Saffire LE working with my new MacBook Pro. It seems from other forums that a few people have thrown theirs out before even trying! I had some problems but I did manage it in the end.

The OS of my old computer was Tiger, and the new one has Mountain Lion.

Having downloaded the latest software from the Focusrite website, I found that the key thing was NOT to run firmware update on the new MBP. This reported a failure to complete and caused the LE to disappear from the Sound options in system preferences. I thought I'd 'bricked' it but by connecting the LE to old computer again (which initially didn't recognise it) I was able to run firmware update successfully on Tiger. The LE now works with both computers.

• 4 months later...