Free Bricasti M7 IRs

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe this will help...

I used the IR utility and converted the 32 bit 44.1khz Quad IR's to SDIR's

It was a big pain in the A** but it was well worth the time and effort!

So far everything works flawlessly, and the IR's sound great!

Here is the link to the converted SDIR's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eizeg58eyoyvem2/Bricasti%20M7%20Quad%20SDIR.zip

The files are ready to go!

Copy Files to: Users/Library/Audio/Impulse Responses

I also attached some pst's to keep things organized by reverb type.

Space Designer Bricasti M7 IR's (pst).zip

Copy files to: Users/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plugin Settings/Space Designer

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You!

I was using the Bricasti IRs from Acousticas and really like them.

I downloaded the IR from Samplicity and wanted to changed them but never got around to do it.

I appreciate the work you have put into this and I'm looking forward to trying them.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, thanks a ton! I was about to post something about this and found this thread. The Acoustica version of the IRs (supposedly with presets for Sample Designer) are no longer available, so your labors mean I can actually use these IRs!

I was playing with the hardware version of an M7 yesterday, so I'm excited to hear how these stack up.

I've had the chance to use the IRs on a couple mixes and they sound really great... but I'm having a small issue. All the presets seem to output an uneven stereo signal, and I'm getting a higher level on the left channel. I've tested this by sending in a single mono channel, so it definitely seems to be a setting in Space Designer that is causing the uneven stereo output. I've worked around it by panning 8 to 15 increments to the right, but is anyone else having this issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Even with the stock IR's that come with space designer you will have this issue.

Any stereo reverb, either convolution or algorithmic will never be perfectly balanced between the left and right channels. This is due to room modes etc. If they were than you would have a mono reverb.

Try this:

1. Create a new Audio Track

2. Insert > Test Oscillator

3. Send > Test Osc. signal to Bus 1...

4. Insert platinum Verb on Bus 1...

5. Insert multimeter on Bus 1...

Play around with various frequencies and you will notice that the L & R channel balance will vary in level at different frequencies.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now HE is a helpful and generous guy! Just trying them out now... May thanks!

Maybe this will help...

Here is the link to the converted SDIR's: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eizeg58eyoyvem2/Bricasti%20M7%20Quad%20SDIR.zip

• 7 months later...
Wow! Thanks so much for doing this and sharing it with all of us! This may be a really dumb question, but how do I actually load up one of these IR's in Space Designer, now that the folder is copied to Users > Library > Audio > Impulse Responses. If someone could give me a simple walk though it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Maybe this will help...

Thank you so much!

Very good work and very generous.

Cheers :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for these but I have a small issue. Most of the presets seem to be left biased. Almost 80% of the reverb signal is in the left when I use the presets you have supplied. However, when I use the 24bit ones from here: http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/ I don't have this problem.

I open SD, click on load IR & init and choose one of the IR WAVs (e.g. Vocal Plate M -> S.wav) file and it works flawlessly, so here's my question, what is the advantage of using the ones that have been converted for Space Designer? Am I missing something?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some major confusion going on here. The M-S labelling of these IRs stands for Mono->Stereo, not Mid/Side. There is no M/S information to decode. They are designed to be used in a convolution reverb set to output a stereo signal from a summed mono input.

I for one was too :?, & :shock: hearing this... thanks 4 clearing things up JJ :lol: