Mellotron Library for EXS24?

I need a Mellotron! So I am about to invest in either IK Multimedias' "Sampletron" or G-Forces "M-Tron Pro" virtual instruments. They sound great, but to be honest I don't really need all the extra features of these third-party- sampler-based packages - ideally I just want a decent library of high quality samples for the EXS24 - I can add reverb and fx within Logic and don't want to learn yet ANOTHER piece of software just to get a new sample set! I know there a few free samples kicking around - I have some - but the quality is patchy and I would be happy to simply pay for a professional sample-set that is already 'sorted out' and ready-to-use. Any suggestions? :roll:

i thought the mellotron was just a means of playing back a sound rather than a sound in itself, ? is this not like asking for an EXS sound... ? or maybe im misunderstanding...

No, it is an instrument. Though technically it is a sampler, in practice, it was more a rompler, with "factory sounds". So you haven't completely misunderstood, some did record their own tapes for it (like Tangerine Dream).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellotron

Edited by Eriksimon

OK - i used the 'detect root note' function when you bulk upload within the EXS itself (instead of the arrange page short cut ) and it actually worked pretty well... Ive used it before but for some reason I've always thought it'd be hit and miss..... is this the best way then,?