Mix feedback

JoshJ

Great sounding mix. Just a few points that i'd like to point out on making the track more attractive to on-the-whim listeners.

1) The bass riff's sound. Needs more bounce. As it is, it sounds too much like low notes on an electric piano. 

2) The bass riff itself. 4 root notes laid out on an extremely basic pattern, makes the track sound a lot more amateurish (too... happy) right from the get go. I'd say up the complexity and hit some octaves/higher notes. Doing this will also help add more bounce to the riff. If you do it right you might even find it best to stick with your original bass sound.

3) The snare sound. I'm not sure what the issue is but it's definitely buried too deep. 

4) The synth leads. During climactic parts conflict a little bit too much with the vocals. Better EQ or perhaps a different sound altogether? As it is one thing for sure about the leads is they sound kind of outdated and "stock"-y. 

• 1 month later...