Created an ambient piano sound, so composed this short piece

reflectingme

Hey all

I'm not a pro, but love dithering around on my synths using LogicProX.  I created a nice (well to me it's nice!!) ambient piano patch using Logic, and decided I'd create this short piece using it.  Some glitches, but pleased with it so far. recorded the video using an iPad, and screen with Screenflow.

Hope you like!

A very delightful and well-composed piece – and a very nice video to go with it!  Certainly a very good show of the many different ways that Logic offers to realize a piece of music.

What do you think about the volume level of the accompanying strings, relative to that of the solo piano, given that they are clearly playing a very important counter-point?

You're right Mike, they are too loud! I've no objection to any constructive critique sir :)

Thanks for the pointer.

I do plan on working more on this, elaborating with a short break between the verses, and possibly a chorus if I can come up with a progression that works.  I don't tend to compose in any logical manner, I sometimes start with a melody, and other times with a progression. So, we shall see :)