Logic Pro X Project

Spielerwirt1002

Certainly by 0:20 you've definitely got some strong structural ideas going, and round about 0:50 you've nicely replaced them with something more complex. As the song continues, it obviously explores variations of the ideas that it introduced before while gently introducing the next one. As it passes 2:20 I can see it continuing to grow in the same vein, as it moves to a very satisfying conclusion. Well done!

Now, the next thing that I would focus on is the mix. Several of the phrases sound similar in volume and to my ears seem to "muddy" with each other. More-experienced critics than I would probably wax eloquent about "EQ." And maybe some of the parts would benefit in their intended place if they stepped closer to the mic – the violin pads around 3:10, the guitar plucks around 2:40. They're important, but they're buried. Very often the drum kit is actually the loudest and most dominant thing.

Without compromising the low-key delicacy of this piece, which I like, I think that you could re-mix this piece so that (a) each of the instruments more clearly has its own "sonic space," and (b) as each one in its turn "takes the lead" and then passes it to the next player, each one more clearly has its own moment in the spotlight.