My first EP

Hey everyone,

I have uploaded my first EP to SoundCloud and YouTube. It's sort of a blend between ambient music, bass, and experimental electronic music. Give it a listen, like and follow if you f*%@ with me!

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

If there is anything you think I can do to improve my music please let me know as well, I consider all opinions and you won't hurt my feelings or anything by telling me what you think could be better.

Thanks!

One thing that rather stands-out to me is that, in the first few seconds of the song, you rather "plop" a very big white-noise pad into the middle of the song, with various other mostly-percussive parts dancing around it. At 0:56 it abruptly changes, but the change doesn't last long. It very quickly returns, and the entire remainder of the piece seems to consist of the same idea: a big sound in the middle, other parts flickering around it, but even the chord doesn't change.

The other two tracks are rather more interesting, and yet, all three of them rather seem to be "exploring the sounds of a synthesizer, but only in a very abstract sense." And, I guess, it is that "abstraction" that leaves me longing for more.

In all of this so-far, I never get the sensation of being presented with a melody. Even absent a melody, I yearn for some kind of song structure. I very-definitely like the sounds that you've made, and in some cases the ways that you have subsequently developed those sounds, but I find it a bit difficult to "simply sit in a rubber-raft, somewhere amidst your soundscape, with utterly no idea what might happen next." I think that even a comparatively-slight focus on song-structure might translate into a very big improvement on this project. At least to my ear.

One thing that rather stands-out to me is that, in the first few seconds of the song, you rather "plop" a very big white-noise pad into the middle of the song, with various other mostly-percussive parts dancing around it. At 0:56 it abruptly changes, but the change doesn't last long. It very quickly returns, and the entire remainder of the piece seems to consist of the same idea: a big sound in the middle, other parts flickering around it, but even the chord doesn't change.

The other two tracks are rather more interesting, and yet, all three of them rather seem to be "exploring the sounds of a synthesizer, but only in a very abstract sense." And, I guess, it is that "abstraction" that leaves me longing for more.

In all of this so-far, I never get the sensation of being presented with a melody. Even absent a melody, I yearn for some kind of song structure. I very-definitely like the sounds that you've made, and in some cases the ways that you have subsequently developed those sounds, but I find it a bit difficult to "simply sit in a rubber-raft, somewhere amidst your soundscape, with utterly no idea what might happen next." I think that even a comparatively-slight focus on song-structure might translate into a very big improvement on this project. At least to my ear.

Thanks, I will focus more on song structure in my future work. I am trying to make this project as original as I can so that is why you may notice strange things such as the evolving chord song. I did try to make Holographic Pt. 1 have a sort of percussive “flow” along with the evolving ambience but I can see how it might be too simple to be engaging.