And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

Eriksimon

Hi Erik, good to see you here! :)

Amazing song, great version. I like how you made it your own while respecting the original. What did you do to your vocals, is that a vocal transformer or some pitch voodoo thing to give them that airy doubling quality here and there? I enjoyed that. The tuning on your lead vocal could be a tad more subtle in some areas. Is that the pitch correction plug-in? If it is I would lower the response time a bit.

Great work!! Thank you for sharing it. :)

The problem is that if you work with it for a while you "lose" the ability to hear that tuney sound.

Haha yes that's definitely true. Especially hard to work on your own vocals in my opinion. But even then I'll always remember that blues singer who booked a couple hours in my studio only to tune "a couple of pitchy high notes". Before we knew it I was tuning all kinds of other notes where I detected his recording was out of tune... until he put his hand on my arm, looked at me, and said: "I wanted to tune only a couple of the high notes, not the whole performance". Haha. He was sooo right.

• 1 month later...