Electro - Psy - Progressive - Trance?

psychoid

Hi everyone, I rarely post here, but I do teach the Electronic and Dance Music Production in Logic Pro 8 class for David. Here's a cool new track I just finished. Those of you who know me (and my sound) will be very surprised! If you have questions about it, feel free to ask away, otherwise enjoy, and I'll see some of you at my next class! -Darren Burgos

http://idisk.mac.com/darrenb-Public/Psychokinesis.m4a

I like it.

Definitely in the "Trance" ballpark, kind of reminds me of the stuff on Alan Parsons' "A Valid Path" disc.

Nothing jumps out at me to criticize - follows the conventions of the genre, not terribly 'catchy' but that's not the objective, seems more about groove and mood than melody, yeah?

And a shout-out to anyone who posts stuff to listen to here: How about fully tagging your files so we can identify the who/what/when?

Thanks BC and David,

I was definitely going for the groove and mood yes.

I primarily used a multi out UltraBeat for the drums. I synthesized the kick and various other sounds myself. The bass (both of them!) are my own patches from ES2, I used TOGU Audio's SH101 clone: TAL bass line for one of the leads, and Absynth for another. Some of the effects I used were the Waves SSL strip, Clip Distortion, and Space designer, Sonalksis TBK1, and Sugarbytes Effextrix.

Darren