the standard model - if:then:goto

maximumjack

hi boys and girls,

i've finally found time to record a few new tracks (after my daughter was born the time fairy seemed to be on vacation or something and I seemed to find that every minute of the day was taken up with non musical activities - except for singing to her of course)

i've posted the first installment for you to listen to at your leisure:

http://www.homepage.mac.com/maximumjack/.Music/thestandardmodel.mp3

as always comments are welcomed with open arms (and maybe even a light kiss on the cheek)

cheers

maximumjack

• 2 months later...

No one replied? This stuff is very creative...the electronic stuff just sticks out a bit much...I don't know...the track isn't 'glued' enough, but you're onto something cool...maybe just trying a but too hard to add every sound in the world...be true to the tune, you know?

-Mark

This was really cool - I'd buy the finished version!!! But I think that it's true that the track is a little lop sided sometimes when the electronic elements come in - but I think some mix tweaking and perhaps some minor cuts in the actual parts will make this this track great.

I think that the synth instruemnatl part at the start is overwhelming the rest of the track - personally I don't think you need it (there's a great groove there anyway) or it should come way down in the soundscape...

I loved the vocal sound and it was great to hear the kick just booming away. Sort out those small things and post a new mix - I'd love to hear it!