a few tracks...

ben parsons

Hi all-

I'm new to the forum, and figured I'd start off by inviting you all to check out a few of my tracks on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/benparsons

the track "teach me" is being used on a promotional video for a non-profit called Mason County Literacy.

if you hear anything that stands out as particularly good/bad i'd love to know.

thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hey Ben,

I'm new to Logic as well so by no means should this be construed as a valuable review. :)

You mentioned "Teach Me" so I went to that one. Didn't listen to the others (yet) because I wanted to comment whilst the tune is still fresh in my noodle.

I like it. Very innocent and inquisitive-ish. I'm assming it's meant to convey a childlike wonder, which it does well.

I wanted it to: 1. Have less low-frequency content. Not much less, just maybe pull it down a bit in the 100-500 range. 2. Have some sort of bridge or alternate melody to set against the primary melody you use throughout, just to take me somewhere and bring me back again. 3. The piano melody works in an odd way. It sounds slightly off key, but that may have been your intent. If so, I dig. If I was remixing it I may have tried a fuller piano sound, but again, that may have been an intentional choice on your part. 4. Lastly, and this is really nit-picking, but the toms at the end are only panned to the left. They are really cool though. I wanted to hear them really come to life (in a quiet way) and take up more space.

Very nice overall though! I'll try to have a listen to the others as time allows.

Erik

Hi BGTD,

thanks much for taking a listen and writing. it's hard to get useable feedback sometimes.

i think point 2. "have some sort of bridge or alternate melody" is very helpful for me. this is something i need to work on over-all, and i think it would really help the track.

as far as mix goes, i have done a little work on that since the version that is posted, but it still needs work...

thanks for "innocent and inquisitive-ish" that's really what it's about, because the video it's being used on is all about people learning to read and write. i'll post the video when it's done...

thanks again!