Are "Friends" Electric? Gary Numan cover

Rolo Tomasi

No vocals, though :(. I'm pretty sure I'm not violating any copyright laws by posting an "original" cover. In any event the song can sound pretty repetitive if you're not familiar with the tune so I sort of aplologize. When I started it I thought I'd be able to wing the vocals but I couldn't pull it off well enough :?. If anyone is interested in taking a stab at it I'd be more than happy to send you the file. Take a listen and let me know what you think. Feedback appreciated. Took about a week to do it but it was fun going back in time.

Are "Friends" Electric?

• 2 weeks later...
This song rocks!!! I listened to your cover of this song over and over while I was emailing my good friends back up in NorCal. I love Gary Numan's music. You should sent this track to him. Maybe just for s**ts and giggles you should post the audio files and let us remix your cover. Time to dust off the PPG Wave samples. Great job man. :D

• 2 weeks later...
You should sent this track to him.

oo..I dunno...he probably gets 100's of his covers sent to him. It's tempting though. I'm not so sure it would be legal though, would it?

Maybe just for s**ts and giggles you should post the audio files and let us remix your cover.

I'd be down with that.

sounds very similar too the sugerbabes version

That's been mentioned to me before but I've yet to actually hear their version myself.