Mainstage and hundreds of plugins

BWSFBTP

I have a question regarding Mainstage concerts for you MS experts. I am the keyboardist in a Genesis tribute band and I'm using the following plugins:

AM ProSoloVST (32-bit AU version via 32-lives)

Kontakt (for various sounds like ProSoloist, Pianet, RMI, sound effects, etc)

M-Tron Pro

VB3 (via 32-lives)

Pianoteq

I am wondering how many instances of these things I can put into a single concert. Each of the songs uses a lot of different sounds  so I am switching through patches a lot. Cinema Show, for example, uses 6 or 7 patches, each of which has an instance of AM ProSoloVST and VB3 at a minimum. I'm figuring by the time I'm done programming our repertoire, I could have 100 instances each of ProSoloVST, VB3 and M-Tron pro in a single concert. Is Mainstage going to handle that? Should I be doing something differently or approaching this in another way? 

I'm running Mainstage on a 2015 15" MBP w/16GB of RAM, 500GB SSD and quad-core i7 with a Resident Audio T2 (Thunderbolt).

I think I may have answered my own question here:

https://brianli.com/using-aliases-to-reduce-ram-and-cpu-usage-in-mainstage-ce198bee2a4a#.wpcz3d5bt

I knew about aliases for sample-based instruments, but it seems I can also create an alias for a particular sound in any plugin. For example, I could create one AM Pro Soloist instance of the Trumpet patch and use it in 10 different songs. I'll give that a try.

• 4 weeks later...

Maddcow is correct. The volume settings and midi settings (regions/transpose) are not global - they apply to a single instance of the patch only. 

I did, however, discover some odd behavior with muting stuff. I have about 20 instances of VB3 in one patch that have various drawbar/percussion settings and are used (via alias) by several songs in the project. I have to solo/mute the original VB3 instances to do tweaks on them and I've noticed that changing the solo/mute settings in the original patch where they live has caused some odd solo/mute behavior with the aliases. I'm still investigating a workaround.

• 2 weeks later...