Mainstage/footpedal to advance patches

Mikekatt

Is there a standard foot pedal people use that works well with mainstage to advance advance patches? I'm using mainstsge 3 with a MacBook pro catalina.

I bought 2 different foot pedals so far and it never works right. It either sends too many messages or skips patches.

I have been on the phone with support from Apple and the pedal companies both of who say it's the other product causing the problem. My thoughts are it could be my computer only has thunderbolt connectors so I have a USB adaptor or because I'm connecting it directly to the computer and not the keyboard. I need a pedal that connects directly to the computer because I will be traveling and using different keyboards wherever I go, so the pedal I use has to be separate from a keyboard. Also, all the stores I call does not have any idea and tries to sell me on pedals I have already bought.

If I have a pedal that has a history of working I can narrow down where the problems are

Any thoughts, this has been very frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried using a Bluetooth page turn pedal (e.g. IK BlueBoard) and configured both the pedal and MainStage so the pedal does what you want? That’d be my advice.

I use this in conjunction with Onsong on my iPad. I can use either the footswitch or I quite often just press the next song on the iPad