Is Logic remote really reliable?

joachim_s

My (limited) experience is mixed. I you're in a setting where there are hundreds of cell phones all competing for limited Wifi bandwidth, you might find Logic Remote connections to be a bit slow or unreliable. You can try Bluetooth instead. This is slower and doesn't update as fast, but it might be workable in an otherwise unworkable setting.

Otherwise I hadn't found Logic Remote that usable in a live situation - it was too unreliable with connections going up and down, even when using a computer-to-computer connection. This could be different with the lates release though since connection reliability is something included in the release notes.

• 1 year later...
bump to 2017.  Is Logic Remote still unreliable for controlling mainstage live?  I really want to use an ipad mini velcro'd to the top of my keys so I can keep my macbook off to the side or out of the way.  Are people in general still getting better results with TouchOSC or Lemur for this?  Any other options?  

• 2 weeks later...
so you feel Sierra is mandatory? 

Its actually a requirement - I tried to connect with cable with El Cap and would not work. Looked closer at requirements and its apparently a Sierra feature to connect with cable. For other reasons I have not gone to Sierra but would be interested to see how quick it is with cable. Perhaps others can chime in with experience.