Mainstage 3.2.4 is released!

Eric Cardenas

MainStage 3.2.4

MainStage 3.2.4 includes the following changes. Learn more about MainStage.

New Features/Enhancements

• Arturia Keylab 25, 49 and 88 keyboards are now automatically detected and configured for Smart Controls in MainStage.
  • The Learn button for setting the note range for a layer now automatically disengages after a MIDI event is received.

Stability/Reliability

Includes several stability and reliability fixes, including but not limited to:

• MainStage no longer freezes when adding an output to certain multi output Audio Unit plug-ins when running in German.
  • MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when a stereo plug-in is inserted on a mono channel strip.

Performance

• The channel strip library now opens more quickly.
  • Sending Expression CC messages to an EXS channel no longer sometimes causes crackles.

Mixer

• The plug-in in the lowest slot is no longer removed when inserting a plug-in at the top of a single selected channel strip.

Control Surface/Hardware Support

• M-Audio Oxygen 25 Mark IV, Oxygen 49 Mark IV and Axiom 25 2nd Gen keyboards now work as expected with MainStage.
  • Nektar Panorama control surfaces again work as expected with MainStage.
  • Patch changes now work reliably from all keyboards and controllers auto-configured by MainStage.
  • The transport buttons on AKAI MPK25/49/88 controllers now work as expected.
  • Screen controls with the Send Value To option enabled again respond smoothly to input from rotary encoders.

General

• Quick Help now works in plug-in headers.
  • Patches saved in MainStage 3.2.2 that include external instruments now load correctly.
  • The Waveform object now reliably shows the waveform when a saved concert is reloaded.
  • Audio routings are properly preserved when using certain multi output Audio Unit plug-ins when running in German.
  • Channel strip meters in the mixer now reliably show correct levels after they have been switched from mono to stereo.
  • Routing stereo channels to mono outputs no longer forces post pan and post fader sends to be mono.
  • The CPU and memory meters now remain visible and functional in full screen mode.
  • Concert level Aux channel strips deleted from a concert no longer sometimes come back when the concert is reopened.
  • Mappings in which one control is mapped to multiple actions are now reliably maintained when a saved concert is reopened.
  • The display for IR waveforms in Space Designer now updates immediately when loading a preset or reversing an IR.
  • The level meter screen control now shows red when receiving full level signal.

I know this update just came out. It says "Arturia Keylab 25, 49 and 88 keyboards are now automatically detected and configured for Smart Controls in MainStage" I have a keylab 88 and I've been messing with the 3.2.4 update and can't seem to get the automatic configuration to work. Anyone else have any success with this?

I'm so disappointed in this version I created another post. The whole 3.2.x range has been inconsistent and unstable. I don't think Apple "gets" what's actually wrong, or the legacy of inconsistencies that are now lurking in saved concert files...

I've got to look at another platform for the coming festival season... Seems like folks have been able to make Live work a bit like MainStage... goodness, this is just *so* bad...

Seems like apple doesn't check anything!!!

If Mainstage would be a smartphone, they would work much harder on solving these massive problems since version 3.11!

It's really a shame thtat such a company releases such a bunch of sh...!

My way of working brought me back to version 3.11. Everything works fine so far.

I was lucky cause I still had a backup with 3.11. I can't understand that apple doesn't offer the possibility of downgrading to a further version. There are a lot of Professionals working with this tool and they have to fear that they can't another show after a update!!!!

For me I'm working on plan b, I've just purchased Reaper and it works great for me! All the things I need on stage can be managed and solved by Reaper. If you are frustrated, just take a look at it ;-))))

• 1 month later...

See other posts. I've got 3.2.4 working for my main concert file. It was far too difficult to get there, but a new, pretty much from the ground up build worked. MS "got lost" aling the way, but each time I rolled back from the previous save and then just moved forward again.

NOT for the faint if heart but I'm across.

• 1 year later...