One controller - more than one instrument

freshsoulone

I have a 16 button midi controller.

I am wanting to have more than one software instrument assigned to the midi controller. For instance one of the buttons to be assigned to one instrument and another instrument to another button. I want to simultaneously be able to play one button for one software instrument and at the same time the other button of another software instrument. This way I can have an arrangement of one controller with a feature of many sounds on one controller. Is this accomplishable? How would I do this?

• 1 month later...
You can map a controller (MIDI message) to one or more parameters of any track at any level (patch, set, concert). You can also map multiple controllers to the same parameter if you want to control it in more than one way. These controllers may or may not be associated with a UI control in the layout view. You only need to connect a controller to a UI control if you need to see it in performance mode. MIDI controllers like the FCB1010 for example (using the Uno chip with stomp mode) don't need a UI control because the device itself provides the feedback through its own lights.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey! i was wondering exactly the same thing.. did you actually make it works?

Pumpkinzzz can you elaborate what it is you're trying to do? Its not clear exactly what you're trying to do (or the original poster, for that matter.) My brain keeps coming up with different ideas of what you two are trying to do, and there are a million ways to configure MainStage to do all of the things I'm thinking about.

• 2 weeks later...