MainStage 3.3 Bugs!! Please add bugs here.

jwhitesides

Bug List For MainStage 3.3 - Here's a few bugs that I've found after delving into 3.3, please add any others that you've found. I'm going to be submitting them to someone I know at Apple.

1. Mono Channel Strip Volume UI issue: If a mono channel is panned hard right - the volume information is gone. Actually any pan towards the Right on a mono strip diminishes the volume output info. Despite the volume being completely present.

2. Importing a Set with lots of Patch Bus routing now show correct Patch Bus names, but audio input on anything other than the first patch in the Set no longer outputs the audio to the patch buses. Input volume can be seen, output volume non-existent.

3. Patch Bus names inside Sets in previously saved concert files, when they keep the correct Patch Bus name often break their output. Much like the previous 3.2.4 bug where they would loose their Patch Bus name. The old workaround was to reconnect the patch bus to the input channel. New workaround is way more complicated, because the connections still show as connected, but don't work.

4. AutoWha (in pedalboard) threshold is now less sensitive in 3.3 compared to 3.2.4. Takes more aggressive volume to get the same AutoWha effect.

5. Retro Chorus (in pedalboard) - worked brilliant in 3.2.4. In 3.3 is massively more heavy handed. Previous chorus sheen in 3.2.4 is now warbly and out of tune pitch smearing in 3.3.

Hi there,

There is a bug that has not been fixed. It only pertains (as far as I know) when you try to use Overloud TH3 with Mainstage.

In TH2 they used Smart Controls which meant only a few parameters were presented to the host (Mainstage in this case, obviously) but in TH3 they removed those and opted to have *every* parameter available at all times to the host. This means thousands are available.

I don't know of this being a problem in other hosts (Logic Pro X and Reaper are definitely fine) but in Mainstage it means that when you try to assign a control to a TH3 parameter the host goes into a slow spiral of death, slowing eating memory and CPU until the machine stops.

I was in contact with Overloud about this in Feb/March last year and they assured me it was not their software at fault - indeed, they said they reported it to Apple who acknowledged the problem was in Mainstage.

I also reported it as a bug through the proper page (http://www.apple.com/feedback/mainstage.html) but alas it is not fixed in 3.3 as far as I can determine.

Looks like I'll have to keep using TH2 for live use!

:(

Edited by qryss

Autosampler bug when using custom velocity layers-   I sampled using velocities of   60   80  100    127

I opened exs24 in edit mode and checked the view velocity range check box.

Vel ranges were       1-60    60 -80      80-100       100-127  as you see the ranges overlap 

They  Should read   1-60    61-80       81-100        101-127   

Sent this to apple

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I use the 8-track playback template and some of my older patches (songs with audio tracks cued up on playback plug in on 8 channels) always ask for locations of certain audio files. Not all of them, only some and the same ones each time it opens or that patch is loaded up. No amount of saving the patch once it's been reassigned and concert saved makes a difference. I have even built a show from scratch just to check, same thing. 

4. AutoWha (in pedalboard) threshold is now less sensitive in 3.3 compared to 3.2.4. Takes more aggressive volume to get the same AutoWha effect.

Nothing has changed here. Do you have a more specific info?

Yes, patches created in 3.2.4 when loaded into 3.3 have a different sensitivity on the AutoWha.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the release notes, "MainStage no longer hangs in certain rare cases when dragging patches in large concerts."

It still hangs for me, frequently. It doesn't have to be a large concert... Just a relatively complex patch with splits. I have a few serious plug-ins going... Omnisphere, Kontakt and Ivory along with some Mainstage sounds and an external synth module. I've learned the hard way... Instead of dragging patches around, I cut-and-paste them. Much safer.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

I've been having an problem with MS 3.3 that mainly shows up when I need to set up new patches in the studio (through my studio audio interface) and then head out to gigs to use my gig audio interface.

I've been using both interfaces for a long time, so they are both compatible and work great with MS...

But for some reason lately when I change audio output in preferences, MS becomes unresponsive and freezes. I have to try a bunch of times until it randomly decides it will change outputs.

This is very frustrating when it happens in soundcheck at a gig! :(

I've just downloaded 3.3.1, and it is doing the same thing.

Has anyone else had this bug before?

Thanks!

Jeremy

MacBook Pro mid-2015, 15" Retina

OS - 10.11.6 El Capitan

Update - I've concluded that the problem is related to the size of my Mainstage Concert file...

My most used Concert file has loads of patches, as I use it in a function cover band. The file is 1.1GB in size...

If I open a smaller concert file (I've got one that is under 1MB) it changes audio output in a few seconds.

I'm still seeing some bugginess as sometimes Mainstage won't let me open a different Concert file - it just gives me the spinning pinwheel. But this appears to have helped the situation...

It's not ideal - I should be able to change audio output from any file - but at least I know that if I need to I can open Mainstage with a smaller file, and do the audio change, and then open my main file.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi there!

My bug is the following.

There's is a patch that shows it uses 1,86gb. If I duplicate it, it shows only 460mb. When I delete the 1,86gb patch, all works fine. Doing a save and restart mainstage, that patch shows 1,86gb again, thus creating a huge problem when I transition/sustain from that patch to the next: it freezes MS and totally exits Mac session. As soon as I re-enter the session, MS restarts automatically and returns to where it left off... 

If I duplicate the patch and move the large copy to the bottom of the list, save and restart, when it starts up again, the large file is in the original position and the small copy is at the bottom of the list.

For some reason, ms wants the 5th or 6th position to have a huge patch file. Just a piano and pad 1,86gb?!  Impossible.

Very strange.

• 2 months later...