Any workaround for multiple MIDI in/out routings with screen controls?

Maddcow

Hi all. I asked this question a while ago and got no response but will ask it again just in case anyone has discovered a workaround since then.

I use my iPad Pro (using MIDI Designer Pro) to control MS with bidirectional communication and I usually connect both devices via Bluetooth MIDI network.  However, sometimes I just can't get the $*!#& Bluetooth connection to work (same consistency issues with adhoc Wi-Fi connection, too) and need to use a wired Lightning/USB cable instead, which isn't nearly as streamlined but it always works.  The problem with changing the MIDI input/output for screen controls is that I have to change all of my screen control MIDI assignments and that's a real PITA because there are so many.  The reason the MIDI assignments need to be changed is due to the fact that, at present, MS can only output MIDI values to a single device...not multiple. Otherwise, I could simply select the "All" option for the MIDI input/output ports, end of story.  I don't know why that's so damned hard for Apple to implement......

Anyway, apart from having 2 concerts (one per connection type), does anyone know of a workaround to do what I've described above without needing to change the MIDI in/out for every screen control?

Cheers

Gary

Had a brainstorm this evening and I've successfully created a workaround.  I configured Plogue Bidule to connect both the wired and Bluetooth connections and routed them to a virtual Bidule MIDI input and output.  Both the Bidule input and output have the same name, which appears to be required by MainStage for successful bidirectional communication.

I can now use any MIDI controller for bidirectional comms with MainStage, provided that I first connect their input/output in Plogue Bidule and have it running whilst MainStage is running.