Mainstage 3 - Detune 0.25 Tone

NateDS84

Hi All, 

I'm currently just running from my M-Audio ES88 USB into my MBP and have noticed since i upgraded to MS3 that after only a couple of bars the piano (and all sounds) detune by about about 0.25 of a tone. As you can imagine i can't record, perform or do anything. It's not limited to MS its Logic and Pro Tools that are having the issue. 

Things I've tried:-

- Deleted Pro Tools for the time being in a bid to see if that fixed the problem and it doesn't

- Deleted Logic Pro X and MS and reinstalled and didn't fixed.

- Checked Sampling rate (44.1kHz) is across the board

- Tuning at 440 however changing this to 439 fixes the problem for a small amount of time.

- Mod Wheel doesn't get used but tried mucking around with that to no avail. 

- Hard reset of controller and no go

- Factory reset of controller and no go. 

- Check MAudio for Driver/Firmware update thinking it might of been a MacOS 10.12 issue and nope no updates. 

I've looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find any help to fix the problem. Is this a bug inside logic/ms? Is it a controller issue? Do i need to get a new controller and route thru an interface instead of USB direct? 

Guy's and Gurl's would love your help on this cause I'm at a loss and its just causing me to get majorly ticked off! 

Thx in Advanced, 

Nath. 

I have a friend who experienced exactly the same thing with an M-Audio interface with some version of MainStage 2. Things worked fine initially but he suddenly experienced pitch changes randomly occurring for no apparent reason. As soon as he tried a different interface, the problem disappeared.

I recommend trying a different interface before doing anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if your problem is related to the M-Audio device...they're renowned for issues like this.