MainStage 3.3.1 released

mmm42

New in MainStage 3.3.1

Stability/Reliability

MainStage no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when:

- Switching patches from Logic Remote with a concert using custom icons

- Recording the audio output

- The application is left unattended

- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when the Apply Changes button is pressed after changing the sample rate during playback.

- MainStage no longer sometimes hangs when patches are dragged to different positions in large concerts.

- MainStage no longer hangs when a Waves GTR Ground controller is attached.

Performance

- The power buttons for Sends in the Track Header now respond more quickly when swiping to enable/disable them.

- Concerts saved with Edit and Assignments & Mapping mode active no longer show a white screen when switching to Performance mode in full screen.

- There is no longer sometimes unexpected CPU usage when switching patches while holding notes.

- Playback now reliably plays sound after a saved concert is loaded.

Mixer

- A new Aux channel strip is no longer created automatically when assigning a Patch Bus as a destination if that Patch Bus is already an input for an existing Aux channel.

- Patches saved with plug-ins that use Software Instrument tracks as side chain inputs now properly recall the side chain setting when reloaded.

- Plug-ins on stereo channel strips that have been set to mono no longer unexpectedly change to stereo when the concert is reloaded.

- I/O labels now work correctly on mono channel inputs and outputs.

- Meters are once again active on mono channel strips that are panned hard right.

- Sustained notes are no longer sometimes cut off when played through an alias channel strip that includes a Patch Bus.

- Using the New Patch from Selected Patched command to combine two patches no longer sometimes causes output signal routed through a bus to stop sounding in rare cases when the Concert is reloaded.

- The displayed value of screen controls is no longer sometimes 1 increment less than the saved value.

Plug-ins

- The display of markers again follows the progression of Playback.

Auto Sampler

- Layer ranges in EXS instruments created by Auto Sampler now have the correct setting for the lowest velocity value for each layer.

- Auto Sampler now correctly writes files to Alias folders.

General

- Choosing Built-in Microphone as the input for MainStage on MacBook Pro (late 2016) no longer resets Audio MIDI setup to 4 input channels.

- Buttons in the Toolbar or Touch Bar now update to show their status when triggered externally.

- MIDI Clock from external devices is again passed through as expected.

- Releasing a sustain pedal no longer stops the Metronome.

- It is again possible to set an Aggregate Device as MainStage’s input device, when the Output device is set to a something different.

- It is now possible to set a specific MIDI channel to recall patches via Program Change.

- Tuning presets are again available.

- Knobs that are set to Pickup mode no longer unexpectedly reset to Jump mode when switching back to a previously selected patch 

- It is now possible to configure the Metronome to play beats only, with no emphasis on the bar.

- It is now possible to disable either bars or beats when configuring the Metronome.

- After importing a set, audio input now outputs as expected to patch buses on patches beyond the first patch. 

- Pop-up menus for buttons in the Mappings inspector are no longer blank when the button is mapped to a plug-in bypass.

- User Tunings that are copied from Factory Tunings now include the Root Note.

- The Thru button in the MIDI Modifier plug-in again works as expected when the input is set to a note number.

- Saved values of momentary buttons in the off state are now properly maintained when the Invert option is enabled.

- Screen objects mapped to level meters now change from mono to stereo or stereo to mono when the associated channel strip format setting changes.

- Exported Alias patches that are re-imported to the same concert now retain mappings as expected.

- Setting the mapping parameter On Patch Change to Match again works as expected.

- Adjusting the layer range of a channel strip no longer unexpectedly affects existing Note Input graph settings.

I gotta say, there are a BUNCH of fixes here for broken functions that should never have been broken in the first place.  Apple seems to be getting really sloppy.

Don't get me wrong: I love MainStage (and Apple products)....I just find the constant bugs - some of them pretty major - disappointing.

yep, agreed. This looks like a good number of fixes for things I've "just learned to live with" in the mean time. As messed up as it was though - it's still a killer solution - a project I joined last week, could have done the whole gig with a rompler workstation, but broke out MS... yeah, these guys just LOVED what came out... the sound is part of my identity as a player... really, a great tool when it's right!

Anyone running into the issue of 3.3.1 not being able to load their previous concerts? I'm getting this message on every single file (including backups):

"The document 'filename' could not be opened. The file isn't in the correct format.

Please restore it from a backup."

Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.