Mainstage 3 & Vocal Harmony / Double Tracking vst's

DEVO

Just moving my live set up over to Mainstage 3 and all going well. Time to focus on the vocals.

I currently have the Voicelive Touch 2 by TC Helicon, and although I can wire this up via my audio interface (Behringer X18 digital desk), I was wondering if there was a decent plug in for double tracking I could just insert. The TCH also gives me harmonies, but I'm guessing that would be too much to add for a plug in.

• 10 months later...

you could undoubtedly find some plugins to do what TC Helicon does...however...I reckon you will end up with some latency that way you may not like very much, depending on the mac and interface you are using. TC Helicon makes great vocal processing stuff that works great in real time too. I absolutely love my VoiceLive Play GTX. Can the touch respond to program change from the MIDI in? At least you could use MainStage to change patches on it for you.

I really don't think the built in effects of MainStage are good enough for pitch correction or harmony parts, but obviously you could get reverb, delay and some doubling and stuff like that with MainStage. Probably you could get some of the modulation effects like megaphone, etc..if you are using any of that on the TC now.

TC Helicon stuff is really quite exceptional for pitch correction and for smart harmony generation and personally I think that anything you tried to use in MS would result in a lot of latency for that kind of thing.