MainStage 3.3.2 is here.

Eric Cardenas

New in MainStage 3.3.2

Enhancements

• The maximum fade time in the Loopback plug-in has been extended to 60 seconds.

Stability and reliability 

• MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when changing the color of a Background object in the Layout.

• Opening a MainStage concert from an alias of a folder no longer causes the MainStage preferences to be inaccessible.

• MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when grouping or ungrouping controls in Layout mode.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I installed macOS 10.14 Mojave and my MainStage 3.3.2 was updated to 3.4 automatically during the installation process (which is not what I wanted by the way). With 3.4, I'm experiencing continuous extremely high CPU usage (150-250 %CPU) by MainStage and also getting audio engine overload warnings. In practice, my MacBook becomes almost unusably slow to do anything and changing between patches is too laggy for doing any live performance. Also, my MacBook is running super hot and fans are spinning top speed which is not nice.

snaptube telegram web [vidmate]

I'm running MainStage on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and built-in 500 GB Apple SSD disk. I have never experienced such behavior with any previous MainStage versions. After the update to 3.4, I didn't change any settings in MainStage, only updated the sound library.

The high CPU usage does not occur when I open just MainStage but when I open any concert the CPU goes up immediately and stays high as long as the concert is open. The reason is not that I would have something special in my concerts - this happens even with the simplest concert templates (e.g. Keyboard Minimalist) bundled with MainStage. Also, the issue occurs without any external MIDI or audio devices. Also, I don’t have any custom audio plug-ins, drivers, software etc. installed on my Mac.

Sadly, I can't say if this issue it's something related to MainStage 3.4, Mojave, or their combination as they got upgraded same time.