Concert vs patch level effects

Antiphones

I feel stupid asking this because I've been using MainStage since it was first launched and have gigged all over the world with it and developed fairly complicated setups. So I'm not a novice, but my question sounds like one. I've been using the same MainStage file for years and just altering it as I needed to. However it's become increasingly flakey so I decided to start from scratch from one of minimal keyboard template.

What I can't get to happen is to have different effects on my aux channels in different patches. So I set up an aux in patch no. 1 and add effects. Then I create a new patch, patch no. 2. But the aux channels in patch 2 have the same effects as patch 1. Changing the effects in patch 1 changes them in patch 2 as well. I created the auxes in the patch level, not the set level. I added the effects in the patch level too. In all my old setups I can have different effects on auxes in every patch. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.