filter sweep sound from "Long Long Way From Home" (Foreigner)

• 11 months later...

Use an LFO to modulate the amp, to get that tremolo effect (or use a Tremolo plug-in). Then slowly open a lowpass filter to create the variations in timbre.

Once you have the correct set up with the correct LFO speed and filter movement (you could for example automate it over a couple of bars), try different oscillators until you get the desired sound.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this tip.

I've gotten my hands on a Nord Stage 2 keyboard, and it's ridiculously amazing. There's a learning curve, but it's not nearly as cryptic as the MS interface.

Here's how I got this filter sweep on the NS2:

IMG_2096.thumb.jpeg.07bcb6ce4c451f30d41a621e906ef15b.jpeg

And here's a demo of me playing it:

Thanks, Mike! Yea, I hate to say it, but I'm done with all the crazy issues with trying to figure out how to get MainStage to do what I need it to do. I know it's just a training issue. But after reading all the manuals, searching online, and struggling with it for years, I'm done. The Nord Stage is not simple, but I find it much more sensible and intuitive.

Speaking of which, I have a lightly used Nektar Panorama P6 for sale, with case! If anyone is interested!!

https://reverb.com/item/32951834-nektar-panorama-p6-case-61-key-usb-midi-controller-keyboard