MainStage makes no sound

jerrydpi

In the past, whenever I opened MainStage and went to a Performance, I could click on a Piano Key and the note would sound through my earbuds.

Not any more :)

This first happened today when I was checking a LPX Project on my earbuds, and the Project played fine, but MainStage makes no sound.

As the Mac Audio Preferences are is set to headphones, and MainStages' Audio Preferences Preference is set to Built In Output, I don't know what else to check.

Please note that in the past when I clicked on a key, the instrument track would show a signal, but not anymore.

I'm on 10.10.5, and MainStage is 3.0.4.

Any ideas?

You're most welcome Jerry!

Does this mean whenever something starts acting differently, it's best to restart the computer?

No, not really.

Reboot can certainly fix some issues but it should never be the first troubleshooting measure.

MainStage 3.0.x was very buggy.

I feel that once it started to get stabilized somewhere round 3.2.x.

The most recent version (3.3.2) is actually really stellar.

We have to remember that this is an application intended for live performance. Stability is king and anything less than that is not good enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Mainstage 3.3.2 here, and lately this feels like junkware. I have a very very basic template setup, with one patch in it, and three instruments I mess with. A good 25% of the time, Mainstage will lose sound like described here. I have gone through everything I can think of (channel strips, setup, controller, audio setup, and much more), and nothing is muted, turned off, misconfigured. The junk just looses its internal link to play any instruments, DESPITE seeing my controller and activating the keyboard when I am pressing on my keys.

THE ONLY FIX - Restart Mainstage.

Another fun one, I see crashes at least 1x a day, if not more. I can't tell you how many times in the past week I have been home and using it, and I have seen crash windows come up. I thought it was the new OmniSphere 2.5 version that just came out about a week ago, but I have my doubts that is causing this. Sometimes I have no Omnisphere setup as an instrument even, and it crashes.

New installation, SSD, 3.1GHz, 16GB mem, MainStage, Omnisphere, Komplete 11, Valhallah Vintage Verb/Shimmer, and TAL-CHORUS-LX are currently installed, but most of that is inactive much of the time in this basic concert template I setup for simply working through sound lists and picking something out that goes with a piano, or pad, or whatever.

Any thoughts? Also, how does one get support for this product? Seems like there is ZERO support, so we are on auto-pilot with no resolution for things like this. Please let me know if I just haven't found it yet.