Retransmit midi on different channel

jackoverfull

I have a plugin that receives on midi channel 1 and 2 and I'd like to split my keyboard in Mainstage to get both channels to it.

Basically, I'd like to have the right part of the keyboard transmit channel 1 to the plugin and the left channel 2. Of course my keyboard only transmits on channel 1, so I have to find a way to use logic to retransmit on channel 2 what it gets on channel 1. I'm quite sure it should be doable in logic but still haven't figured how to do it.

Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...
I've never had to script a rechannelize to a plugin. I just switch the midi input on the plugin to multitimbral. For each of the 16 channels, pick a controller... and then realize we can send one controller to more than one midi channel, and... a midi channel can receive input from more than one controller. MainStage reassigns incoming MIDI channels as needed in this case... So literally, all my controllers only transmit on channel 1, because it doesn't really matter which channel they're transmitting on. They only place I change this if there are drum pads on a controller - then I do not want drum pads creating midi notes on the same channel as the keyboard (for obvious reasons). In this case I just usually set drum pads to send on channel 10 (I think that's the GM channel - no other "strategic" reason).

Hmm I'm not getting anywhere with the alias. If I create a channel and put omnisphere on it...and make an alias, that's all fine...two channels with same instrument, and two layers are shown, but when you try to change the size of the layers for a split keyboard stuff, they both colapse to the same setting... Maybe there is a secret trick to set this up