Mainstage 3.4.2 Crashing

DEVO

I have Mainstage 3.4.2 installed on a mid 2010 2 core Macbook Pro (8gb Ram). I know it's not the greatest, but I can run 15 channel strips with either Logic or Arturia vst's in one Logic Pro X project (10.4.4) with no trouble at all.

I want to use Mainstage for some live work but it keeps crashing. Even when I have nothing else open. I have set up a simple 2 keyboard template and added 2 Arturia soft synths and get the following":

"The audio engine was not able to process all the required data in time".

I've attached a screenshot.

I/O buffer size is 128.

So I can run 15 channel strips in a Logic project, but this thing falls apart with very little in it. There also appears to be some awful reviews in the App Store on this regarding the latest. Is this latest upgrade a duffer or is there anything I may have overlooked that can help me stop this.

Ace software, but no good in a live situation if it's going to crash.

Update:

I've loaded my original project, which all just have two soft synths in each patch and expanded the CPU/ memory meter. I can move through the patches fine and the CPU meter runs around 20% to 40% for each patch, but then I get a massive 300% spike as shown in the second screenshot. I can return to that patch later and not get the spike.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Have changed I/O buffer to 512, but still getting the same Error message above.

768446021_ScreenShot2019-03-06at10_33_07.thumb.png.3e8a68fc7bf21e8b83080f0487b5f8fe.png

257997018_ScreenShot2019-03-06at08_48_25.thumb.png.2c8ea932d4af17ec81ab5677ba55f981.png

Ok...thought so. Does MainStage exhibit a significant CPU increase when changing to Performance Mode from Edit Mode?

Hi Maddcow

Thanks for looking at this for me.

I've just tried that a few times and the answer is no.

The CPU and memory sits just about where they are in the first screenshot.

The error occurs when I change patches. I've attached a new screenshot that shows another more detailed error message.

1679531853_ScreenShot2019-03-07at07_23_02.thumb.png.ee719bda4634d571dca054387eb137bc.png

1777889290_ScreenShot2019-03-07at07_20_03.thumb.png.21fbbe3e5571a0f57127dac76fdae381.png

Ok...thought so. Does MainStage exhibit a significant CPU increase when changing to Performance Mode from Edit Mode?

Hey Maddcow

I think I've found a work around, which may be useful to post.

The crash only appears to happen when I change patches by clicking my mouse on either the patch name, or the up and down patch buttons (in edit mode)

It does not appear to happen when I change patches using the up and down arrow keys on my macbook. I can run freely up and down without a problem.

Thought that may help to post.

Thanks for your time.