Mainstage Input Quantize Midi

mindchatter

In time to what?

I don't think there is an input quantize that I know of, but I haven't looked for it either. Anyway, there is a bit of a limit how much you can actually quantize something on a midi stream, because you can't move late notes early, you can only move early notes later... if you know what I mean. You can always script something with Scripter if you can't find a built in facility that does something like that.

I just meant in time with the master clock.

I see what you mean with not being able to make late notes early (unless there is somehow a delay between whats going out to the house and what the performer hears and plays... just an idea) But even making early notes later could be useful. I wouldn't want every note perfectly quantized but if there was a strength setting than everything could be a little more in time.

Thank you for the reply!

If you hit PLAY on the MainStage transport...then yes you can certainly do something like that with Scripter. I don't think MainStage has anything built in. It would not be a super simple Scripter script either.

I don't think it would be that sensible to add latency in order to get your late notes on time, but if that is what you want, you could code that in Scripter too... But like I said, would not be that simple

PlogueBidule has a quantizer module in it and I just tried it in Mainstaghe and it definitely works. no matter when you hit a note, it doesn't sound until the next grid point, 1/4. 1/8. etc.... Here are screen shots.. After you setup the above circuit you have to make sure to right click on the quantizer module and configure it to sync to the host.

quantizer.thumb.jpg.f163f0b34356e74b412637018fa08a16.jpg

sync.thumb.jpg.608daa0f290b27d89d20dd3b25b05115.jpg