New in MainStage 3.4.3

mmm42

Stability/Reliability

• MainStage no longer hangs after adding a Preset Name mapping to a channel strip after several patches have been created in the Concert.

Performance

• MainStage no longer exhibits stuck MIDI notes and then loses connection to the MIDI interface.
    The Playback plug-in no longer unexpectedly jumps back to the beginning of the song in certain cases where playing MIDI in to MainStage causes a system overload.
    There are no longer unexpected System Overloads immediately after loading a Concert or a patch.
    MainStage no longer hangs when opening a Concert that contains multiple duplicated patches.
    Performance is improved while switching between patches in Concerts that use a large number of Audio Unit plug-ins.

Plug-ins

• The Tab key indents text two spaces as expected when editing in the Scripter plug-in.

General

• Edited text in inspectors now reliably updates immediately.
    Tempo-based Audio Unit plug-ins now maintain sync when MainStage is synced to MIDI Clock.
    The New Track sheet now shows all available busses for multi-output instruments.
    Concerts created in MainStage 3.1 or older now open as expected.
    Duplicating an alias of a patch no longer causes unexpected sound output.
    The Metronome Division setting is now retained when opening a saved Concert.

I’ve downloaded the update but not tested it yet. I’m wondering what has been broken this time....

I rely completely on MainStage and can’t imagine using anything else but every time there’s an update, I can’t help but feel a bit jittery. I’m always using older versions that are tried and tested because I’ve been burnt so many times with buggy updates.

"Duplicating an alias of a patch no longer causes unexpected sound output." was a big one, and... it's looking like the finally fixed the situation where an audio channel setup to take audio from multitimbral aliases is fixed... at a minimum, it's better, although I had to save the file in 3.4.3 first, and then test...

Does anybody know what they mean by this?

The New Track sheet now shows all available busses for multi-output instruments.

New Track? Where do we have "tracks"???

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, w/o going into details. it was already reported and there was an exchange on this just after 3.4.2. but yes... it's getting submitted again because it's not a duplicate, the behavior has changed, but it's still broken in some ways, improved in some, and broken in some new ways (all around this one issue).

What I wish is that if they wanted us to accomplish the same, but via another way, fine, then provide that guidance. Reporting bugs is such a one-way flow, where... a lot of us can be of more value in a dialogue...

oh well...