MainStage 3.4.3 is available

ValliSoftware

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. Just wondering how you guys are going with v3.4.3 and if there are any issues? I’m still using v3.3.2 as it’s been the most stable for my purposes and I’m ALWAYS reluctant to take up new versions due to MainStage’s chequered update history.

Can anyone comment on how v3.4.3 compares with earlier versions in terms of CPU usage?

• 4 weeks later...

deserves an answer. It's a bit of a mixed bag. I keep 3.3.2 and 3.4.3 on my system. 3.4.3 is the best of the 3.4.x range, but it could really use another round of fixes.

CPU use is different, as there's a setting under Audio/Advanced that forces MS to use OpenGL or *METAL*, and you can also force that to use a dedicated GPU if present, even in Edit mode.... I use that...

It doesn't fall over, but we're still a bit away from the stability of say v3.11... 3.2.x were a disaster. 3.3.2 is solid-with-known-quirks... 3.4.3 hasn't fallen over yet, but it surprises me sometimes with inconsistencies during editing...

Obviously, you can keep both on your system so... your mileage may vary but I'm not telling folks to 100% stay away from 3.4.3... I'm just not so enthusiastic as in previous years.

Hoping all is well with you!!!

No worries. I *have* done small and mid-size venue gigs with 3.4.3. My reservations are about things that happen while editing.

There are reports of graphics stopping with updating but that MS continues to play. I don’t have that prob but also Mojave on a 2018 touchbar MBP. I have to be on Mojave.

You’ll have regression test your concerts in 3.4.3, but opening previous version concerts is actually something which has been perfect every time.

File formats have changed so save as...

Interested in how your transition goes!