Smart Controls with Selected Channel

Count Dooku

Hello,

I'm new to Mainstage and trying to replicate a behavior from Logic. In Logic, I'm used to having synths on channel strips with the synth parameters mapped to Smart Controls, which are then mapped to my MIDI keyboard. Then to play each synth I simply select the channel strip I want to hear (which also selects that synth's smart controls). I can select the channel strips using buttons/keys mapped to my MIDI controller as well.

How do I do the same in Mainstage? Currently I have a patch that has other elements for my live setup (audio tracks, submix tracks with effects). I also have the instrument tracks. How do I make smart controls and switch instruments, without playing all instruments at the same time?

I guess one would just change patches, where each patch has one instrument, but my patch also contains tracks besides the syth i need globally while using the various snyths.

Related: I would also like to be able to layer the synths, while still selecting their smart controls on an individual basis. I've seen tutorials on layering keyboards using the layers tab and that makes sense, but how do I do this so I can effect the smart controls on an individual basis?

Thanks a bunch for the help.