Most portable midi/Logic hardware live set-up possible?

joshuac

Hello. I have Logic 10.4.6 with Omnisphere, Keyscape, instruments etc. I have an m-audio Keystation 88. I want to create a super, portable set-up so I can play these software instruments live. what is the most portable computer/audio interface combo that will allow me to play live without too much latency? I have a Macbook Pro but is there something even smaller, cheaper, more portable? BTW, the venues supply monitors and PA. Thanks!

I’d have thought that a MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt interface would be the smallest and lowest-latency option, especially if you need the processing power for Omnisphere etc. If you’re open to using other synths that are less resource-intensive, you could always consider an iPhone or iPad-based rig. There are some pretty amazing iOS synths/plugins now and all you’d need is a MIDI interface for your keyboard....maybe not even that if it can connect directly to the iOS device via adaptor.

• 1 month later...