Weird MainStage/MOTU Ultralite issue

Maddcow

Hi all

I’ve been using MainStage with the same MOTU Ultralite Mk 3 (FireWire only) on several different MacBook Pro machines for the past 11-12 years. I’ve never, ever had a problem that required a MainStage restart until the past week....and it has now happened 3 times over the past 5 days, once during a gig. On each occasion, I heard a click in my wireless in-ears and all audio just stopped. Channel meters in MainStage, the Ultralite and my Sennheiser IEM system displayed peak signal on several channels but no audio was output from any device. I could continue playing MIDI into MainStage and the channel meter for that instrument showed activity but again, no audio was being output from anything.

I’m running MainStage v3.3.2 and it’s been rock-solid. I have no idea what the problem could be. I remember that on two occasions, I opened an Audio Modeling plugin and this seemed to cause the freeze, but I’ve done that countless times before without issue. That plugin also hasn’t been updated recently. Furthermore, the partition I use on stage was a recent clean install due to an unrelated situation....everything on the partition was reinstalled from scratch.

On each occasion, I restarted MainStage and everything was ok but this issue has me confused and worried. My concert takes a few minutes to load and that’s an eternity when you’re on stage at a gig.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for things I can check?

Cheers

Gary