I need help with MainStage 3

jerrydpi

Hi everyone!

I've had MainStage 3 on my MBP for a while, but I never have used it :)

But.............................................................................................................................

Now I do :) :) :) :)

Here's what I want to accomplish:

1) Be able to play a MainStage patch that will be split into 3 zones.

2) I want to have a Bass Guitar, an EP, and horns on the 3 zones.

3) I would like to trigger some Superior Drummer 3 drum patterns that I can play along with in a live setting.

Will all of the above be easy doable, and if so.............................................................

How?

1 and 2) you will need to open three channel strips. (A fourth for your drum machine in question 3. Then make those three channel strips individual instruments of the bass guitar, EP, and brass. Once that is done you will see that they layers of instruments are stacked on your keyboard on your layout in mainstage. Underneath the layout section you will go into layer editor. Then you can drag the keyboard splits over the corresponding key range for each instrument/ channel strip.

3) I don’t have experience with superior drummer, but I have done something similar in a live setting where I have had a drum loop play. Open another channel strip and open superior drummer plugin? (I assume) I use ultrabeat in mainstage and then program your drum sequence and sounds. Then hit the playback button at the top right. This will then play your drum sequence. The mixer in the channel strip section can mix your bass guitar instrument, EP, brass and drum sequence to your liking. Let me know if that helps.